- BISHOPSBRIDGE, a hamlet, in the parish of Cadder, Lower ward of the county of Lanark; containing 213 inhabitants. It is situated in the western part of the parish, and on the road from Glasgow to Kirkintilloch. An infant and sewing school was established here by Mrs. Stirling, and is at present supported jointly by that lady and Mr. Stirling, of Caddar, who have built a good house for the residence of the mistress, to whom they pay a salary of £30, which is augmented by the fees.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.